25 Benefits and Uses Of Aloe Vera For Skin, Hair And Health

Aloe is about 99% water, the remaining 1% is extremely powerful and it is thought this is because the close to 100 ingredients work extremely well together (synergistically). Aloe vera contains many minerals vital to the growth process and healthy function of all the body's systems. The ingredients in Aloe can be grouped into the following categories: Vitamins, Minerals, Sugars, Enzymes, Lignins, Amino Acids, Anthraquinones, Saponins, Fatty Acids, Salicylic Acid.

Aloe vera contains protein, calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamins A and E and is naturally rich in:
Vitamin C which helps maintain tone of blood vessels and promotes good circulation and is essential to the health of the adrenal gland which supports our body in times of stress.
Amino acids which are chains of atoms constructing protein in our body.
Enzymes, which are the life-principle in every live, organic atom and molecule of natural raw food, rejuvenate aged tissues and promote healthy skin.
Germanium which is a mineral that some health authorities claim therapeutic benefits for: immunodeficiency, pain, cardiac disorders, circulatory disturbances and eye problems.
From all-around health elixirs to simple beauty aids, learn about the various ways to put your little plant to maximal use after splitting the leaves lengthwise down the middle.

  1. Aloe Vera Prevents Under-Eye Dark Circles
  2. Aloe Vera Helps in minimizing the swelling of the lips
  3. Speed up hair growth by massaging aloe into the scalp, letting it sit for 30 minutes, and rinsing
  4. Reduce hair dandruff by mixing aloe vera juice with coconut milk and wheat germ oil. Massage into scalp and rinse
  5. Boil leaves in a pan of water and breathe in the vapor to alleviate asthma
  6.  Drink to lower blood sugar levels—especially for diabetics
  7. Strengthen gums and promote strong, healthy teeth by taking orally or use toothpaste with aloe vera ingredients
  8. Aloe Vera tonic is wonderful for the female reproductive system. It helps to rejuvenate the uterus. It is very beneficial to drink aloe vera juice if you are experiencing painful menstrual cycle 
  9. Aloe vera when taken internally aids in digestion and effectively cleanses the digestive system 
  10. Drinking aloe vera juice regularly helps to detoxify the body which in turns improves daily bowel movements
  11. Consuming aloe vera juice regularly boosts immune system and helps you to stay young and fit
  12. The cooling effect of the plant helps to regenerate new cells and helps in rebuilding the damaged tissue
  13. Aloe vera contains Vitamin C which helps to prevent colds, cough and flu
  14. The dried gel of aloe vera is used to treat diabetes as it helps to lower blood sugar level by decreasing insulin resistance and also lowers the triglyceride levels in the liver and plasma.
  15. Aloe vera helps to improve the blood quality naturally by decreasing the levels of cholesterol and triglyceride.Aloe vera keeps the blood fresh and rich in oxygen
  16. Aloe vera juice also increases energy level and helps to maintain a healthy body weight
  17. The anti-allergic property of aloe vera is useful in the treatment of various skin diseases like eczema, psoriasis, itchy skin and so on
  18. They are helpful in curing blisters, insect bites and other allergic reactions as well
  19. Treat burns from minor mishaps in the kitchen—from grease splatters or hot utensils.
  20. Replace creams and lotions as a general moisturizer for dry skin. Aloe is fast absorbing
  21. Prevent pesky pimples and treat acne
  22. Make skin new again with an exfoliating, organic sugar scrub by mixing together two tbsp. of aloe vera, 2 tbsp. of organic brown sugar and 1 tsp. of organic lemon juice
  23. For rougher patches mix together an organic salt skin scrub using two cups of sea salt, one cup of aloe vera, one cup of organic coconut oil and two tbsp. of local, organic honey
  24. Brighten skin. Aloe can decrease pigmentation and dark spots
  25. Remove eye makeup

*If you decide to take aloe vera orally, seek out commercial, certified organic juice. And as for both topical and oral applications, it's always recommended to consult your doctor beforehand